Top things that happen at a ‘food bloggers event’:
- Pre event Twitter takes priority over work
- Getting to the event, you see a dozen of people wearing nice bags and hats staring into their City Mappers as they wander around the location.
- You will recognise people at the event but don’t know their actual name, only by their twitter handle and photo.
- Due to point 3, conversation starts up by ” O you’re Fizzy Fuzzy Cupcake Fairy..!”
- Your foodie/drinkie world expands as you are introduced to some of the best, new food and drink products around.
It was Wednesday night, Farrah and I were spiralling around to our City Mapper dial to find Clerkenwell entrance. It was obvious when we found it…a room buzzing of nice hats and bags with a table of gin to greet.
It was Brighton Gin, a gin that has long to be on my bucket list- first gin to come from Brighton ever. True to the home town, a piece of rock was placed inside. Colour like the beach, taste as refreshing as a man in a suit on the Brighton pier. Loved it so much, I had two. #NoShame
Now to explain the venue, it’s a gift, clothes shop as well as a restaurant/bar. This made a slight ‘bloggers’ maze, the idea you moved from room to room not knowing what will come next…with a few deliveries of course.
Next….a soft drink, (probably needed after the two gins) It’s healthy with some heat..a perfect combination for a Hendricks dare I say…thank you Nix & KIX
Once sober again, a quick stop for a dangerous cocktail
Then….we were led downstairs to find the ultimate food showcase. Pop Ups coming out of our ears…Farrah and I started on our mission to try everything..there was ALOT to talk about with but here is a few that stood out:
- Exploding poppadoms by Indian street food extraordinaries Raastawala
- Tea Studio introducing; tea flavoured marshmallows- a instant WTF by theory but amazing by taste ( they also do jelly and popcorn!)
- Pit stop Cava.
- Coco Hernando Chocolate range that base itself by flavours of different countries around the world. I.e Himalayas is milk chocolate with pink diamond salt. Perfect gift springs to mind!
- Fabulous 698 b…savoury an amazing range of quail egg canapés and more. Sweet- DIY dessert (including a blow-torch) These guys do a supper club every Sunday..a great dinner party idea?
Yes we indulged to say the least.
The most important thing that happens at food bloggers event?
A group of people gather on a Wednesday meeting as they all share a love of food. Half the people in the room have created something quite special, the other want to talk about it.
It works hand in hand really.